- geoana.em.fdem.vertical_magnetic_flux_horizontal_loop(frequencies, sigma, mu=1.25663706212e-06, radius=1.0, current=1.0, turns=1, secondary=True)#
Vertical magnetic flux density at the center of a horizontal loop for each frequency
Simple function to calculate the vertical magnetic field due to a harmonic horizontal loop. The anlytic form is only available at the center of the loop.
- frequenciesfloat, or numpy.ndarray
frequencies in Hz
- sigmafloat, complex, or numpy.ndarray, optional
electrical conductivity in S/m. Can provide a complex conductivity at each frequency if dispersive (i.e. induced polarization)
- mufloat, complex, or numpy.ndarray, optional
magnetic permeability in H/m. Can provide a complex permeability at each frequency if dispersive (i.e. viscous remanent magnetization)
- radiusfloat, optional
radius of the loop in meters
- current: float, optional
transmitter current in A
- turnsint, optional
number of turns for the loop source
- secondarybool, optional
True, the secondary field is returned. If
False, the total field is returned. Default is
- complex, or numpy.ndarray
The vertical magnetic flux density in Teslas. If secondary is
True, only the secondary field is returned. If secondary is
False, the total field is returned.
The inputs values will be broadcasted together following normal numpy rules, and will support general shapes. Therefore every input, except for the secondary flag, can be arrays of the same shape.